Mighty Yeti Studios is seeking talented Character Modelers to join our team. These roles will be for our Tiny Yeti preschool series currently in development for our YouTube channel. These are remote freelance (independent contractor) roles.
The ideal candidates will have a strong understanding of character anatomy and design, and be able to create high-quality models that fit the overall style of our productions. We have a fully distributed real-time pipeline using Maya and Unreal Engine, and we work with talent around the world, so all are welcome to apply.
- Work closely with the Art Director to create 3D models of characters that meet project deadlines.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure that character models are integrated seamlessly with other aspects of the production.
- Iterate on character models based on feedback from the team.
- Create texture maps and any supporting material needs for characters (final rendering is in Unreal Engine).
- 1-3+ years of experience in character modeling.
- Strong understanding of design and character mesh requirements for animation.
- Excellent sculpting skills in ZBrush or similar software.
- Proficiency in Maya.
- Experience using Unreal Engine for real-time rendering (hi-poly models) is a plus (but not necessary).
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
When applying, please send portfolio links, resume, your hourly rate, and country. We look forward to seeing your work!