Jobs – Texture Artist – FILLED
Character Texture & Surfacing Artist (Short Term Contract)
Mighty Yeti Studios is looking for a Character Texture & Surfacing Artist for a short term offsite contract job. Our character Maggie (https://www.mightyyeti.com/maggie-is-afraid-of-monsters/) is being built in Maya and will be fully animated and featured in our upcoming storybook app. Stylistically she will be similar to CG feature animation, and is pre-rendered (this is not a real-time/games role, despite our storybook apps being created in Unity).
Role and Responsibilities:
- Create textures and shaders for rendering in Mental Ray in Maya.
- Work from UVs created by Modeler and work with Modeler and Rigger to achieve desired look.
- Surfacing work including SSS faking for skin tones.
- Hair will be painted poly cards.
- Some lighting work might be needed to establish and represent look of shaders.
- Due to the high resolution of tablets, rendering will be 2K, so textures must be very high res.
- Maya experience
- Must submit portfolio link with work of a similar style to CG feature animation (Pixar, Disney, DreamWorks, BlueSky). To be clear, no feature experience is necessary, but quality must be shown and we need to see demonstrated work in a similar style. New industry talent is welcome!
- This is a short term, offsite contract position. You can make cartoons in your pajamas!
Email your resume, cover letter, and a link to your work to: jobs (at) mightyyeti (dot) com (take out the spaces etc), or at https://www.mightyyeti.com/contact/. Due to volume we can’t respond to every applicant, but we will review your work and consider it for this and future opportunities.
As we’re currently building out our talent pool, we’d love to meet new talent. If this isn’t a great match for your skills stylistically, but you’re interested in what Mighty Yeti is up to, submit your work. We’ll keep it on file for future opportunities. We have real-time games projects in the works, as well as other exciting stuff!
Thanks for applying!