Jobs – Social Media and Marketing Specialist
Social Media and Marketing Specialist (Part-time Contract)
We’re looking for someone who’s eager to jumpstart their career through helping us with our social media and marketing efforts. This position is equivalent to a paid internship, but due to the off-site “virtual” nature of it, it will be an off-site independent contractor position. We’d love for you to be able to fire up your career in a big way, with minimal time commitment — you’ll get involved on the ground floor of a new animation/entertainment studio and we’ll grow together!
This position is the ticket to forge your own path and build your reputation and resume while you help build our social media presence. If you want your story to be, “When I joined them they were starting up with almost nothing and I built them into having X number followers across these networks and got blog and press coverage through my skill and efforts,” then this is for you. Josh Book (Mighty Yeti co-founder) jump-started the careers of dozens of artists through co-founding the Apprentice Program at Nickelodeon, and firmly believes in finding new talent and letting people excel as far as they want to go with their drive and skills.
Mighty Yeti Studios is a startup animation and entertainment company for kids. We’re working on interactive storybook apps, mobile games, and have several other IPs in development. We’re working in 2D and 3D animation, using video game engines. We’re pre-launch, working towards releasing our first app within a month, and then a new app every month thereafter for the next six months (and then it will slow down a bit).
We co-founded Mighty Yeti to tell original stories. Josh Book has worked for Nickelodeon and Disney as well as other studios, helping create hit shows such as “Bubble Guppies,” “The Penguins of Madagascar,” and the new “Sheriff Callie’s Wild West,” and Jennie Book is the writer of Mighty Yeti’s stories.
Role and Responsibilities:
We need to build our social media presence. We’re looking for a dynamic take-charge individual to help on the following:
- Representing Mighty Yeti and posting across all major social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google+, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, and others), posting as the company and building an audience and anticipation for what we’re doing.
- Building and maintaining a social media content calendar to plan releases strategically; developing comprehensive implementation strategies for promoting successful marketing campaigns.
- Interact with followers/fans online as needed.
- Monitor social media and other websites for relevant information for branding and new social media avenues.
- Work with the blogging community and press to set up interviews, build interest, and pitch them on what we’re doing to get support and coverage.
- Blog posting may be part of this.
- Evaluate social media and online advertising and give input as to which methods could give the best ROI.
- Posts will be about Mighty Yeti news, our app releases, animation, family entertainment, and video game industry news, as well as relevant daily posts.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and interact with social media networks and social media project experience. Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge.
- Knowledge of the subtleties of different social media networks, and strategies for growing presence.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Creative thinking and a good visual eye
- Strong media relations skills, understanding that you are representing a company, and posts must be relevant and respectable.
- Team player.
- Fan of animation, video games, comic books, and family entertainment. You get excited by Pixar, Disney, Marvel and DC, and what we’re up to. You work in, or want to work in, the entertainment industry. Your fan knowledge will be tested. 🙂
- Previous experience using social media to promote a business.
- Usage of tools such as HootSuite or others of your choice to manage accounts across several networks.
- Some graphic design abilities
Email your resume, cover letter, and a link to your work to: jobs (at) mightyyeti (dot) com. Due to volume we can’t respond to every applicant, but we will review your work and consider it for this and future opportunities.
As we’re currently building out our talent pool, we love meeting new talent. If this isn’t a great match for your skills stylistically, but you’re interested in what Mighty Yeti is up to, submit your work. We’ll keep it on file for future opportunities. We have real-time games projects in the works, as well as other exciting stuff!
Thanks for applying!